Leadership Floyd County
The Leadership Floyd County Academy is a program designed to promote and develop informed business and community leaders among the citizens of Floyd County. This program was designed for the participants to gain insight into the operations, available programs, services, and issues of Floyd County. The primary focus of Leadership Floyd County is to build a communication network of individuals willing to assist in advancing the county’s growth, along with new and innovative ideas. This program gives emerging leaders an inside view of Floyd County. Through fast paced sessions, participants will explore issues with key decision makers, develop a network of contacts and join the fast track to effective community service. Participants will be introduced to our county experts as well as the most compelling issues that face our county today. Experts lead stimulating, full day sessions each month on topics relevant to Floyd County and its future. Session topics include Health Care, Education, Economic Development, Environmental / Infrastructure, Government, Tourism.
- Promotes teamwork and problem solving skills.
- Creates awareness of county issues.
- Debate issues that directly affect our county, state and federal government.
- Identify emerging leaders from all sectors of our county.
- Brings together people and resources from the business and civic communities.
- Facilitate participation in Leadership Floyd County and community service.
- Familiarize participants with economic, governmental, cultural, educational and social organizations in Floyd County.
- Develop a network of future leaders.